By: Jamie Len Cumbo
1. Resting in between reps is ok. I used to think that once you could not do anymore without stopping, that meant you were done. Wrong. Try doing 9 reps, then stop and take a couple deep breaths…and push some more out. You will find these mid-set breaks actually help you push out a lot more reps than you would normally. When you think you cannot do another rep, do two more.
2. Warming up and cooling down is critical, so don’t skip it! This not only gets the blood flowing, heart pumping, and body warm/cool… but it helps prevent injury. If you have had an injury that has prevented you from performing at your peak, you will appreciate this.
3. Tell as many people as you can about your P90X journey. Whether you are finished or in the middle of it, the more you tell others, the more you are subconsciously reinforcing the importance of your journey to getting in the best shape of your life. You may even inspire others to make their own transformation!
4. Write out future obstacles. This one is really important. If you know that you have a vacation planned, wedding to attend, or any other special event centered around food, simply PLAN AHEAD. This will be the key to your success. Write out possibly obstacles and how you will treat them. Keep in mind, you are not saying no to this stuff forever, this is a 90 day commitment of giving it 100%. But ultimately, this will become a huge part of your life moving forward and you will automatically ‘want’ to make healthier choices.
5. Review your goals and affirmations DAILY. This will help you on so many levels. Not only will you be affirming what you are working towards, the more you say anything, the more energy you are putting in it, and the quicker it will become a reality!
DON’T GIVE UP WHEN YOU MESS UP. No one is perfect and we all mess up sometimes. Make sure you get right back on track. Pick back up where you left off. You will feel so much better you finished what you started, especially when you start seeing results!
I am learning so much each week, going through this program. I want to share any and everything I can with others who are on this journey or want to start! These tips will help you on ANY workout regiment you are on. Simply being aware of these tips will help you succeed, because it is a big part of the equation.
You have all the tools you need to have an incredible transformation….the rest is up to you!