1 cup Gluten Free Oats
2 TBS Grapeseed Oil
2 TBS Grade B Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
2 TBS Dried Apple Chunks
2 TBS Currants
2 TBS Flax Seeds
1 dash Cinnamon
1-2 pinches sea salt
1) Preheat Oven to 325
2) Mix oil, syrup, and salt in a large bowl. Dump in remaining ingredients except for any dried fruit and flax seeds and stir until well coated. Spread out granola onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet or baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
3) Stir well and bake for another 10 minutes, until oats are slightly golden.
4) Add any dried fruit and flax seeds and allow to cool. Oats will get crispy as they cool, don’t worry if they seem soft when they are hot.
5) Note- baking the flax seed will destroy some of the nutrients so add them during cooling stage.
6) I don’t need to tell you this but you can add any kind of nuts, dried fruits (without added sugar) or seeds that you want. Don’t buy granola- make it! You can use this as a cereal with almond or coconut milk or as a snack on the go.