Here are some things you should give up- when you are SERIOUS about cleaning up your diet. If you still eat most of these, take baby steps, and give one or two up per week.
1) Fast food.
2) Fried Foods
3) Sodas- diet & regular. Also includes no sports drinks.
4) Artificial sweeteners of any kind (Splenda, Sweet N low etc.)
5) No white flour, no white sugar, no white salt, no white pasta, no white rice, no white potatoes. Instead of Flour- use brown rice flour, almond flour, corn flour, tapioca flour, pea flour. For white sugar- stevia or xylitol.
6) No red meat or Pork. Only salmon, white fish, white chicken & white turkey. No shellfish. Only egg whites not whole eggs.
7) No processed bars. Unless there are no other options. Try raw revolution bars at Whole Foods.
8) No caffeine. Switch to decaf or caffeine free herbal teas.
9) Reduce Fruits. No oranges, bananas, pineapple, grapes, mango or melons. You CAN HAVE any berries, kiwi, coconut, limes, lemons, grapefruits and apples. NO DRIED FRUITS unless you read the label & it has no added sugar. You are eliminating high sugar fruits to help cleanse your body by keeping sugar to a minimum.
10) No alcohol. This may be hard for some of you but you will see better results and feel so much better giving your body a break from alcohol. No one is asking you to give things up for ever. Just for a jump start to clean eating.
11) No Gluten- if you are following the schedule you have already eliminated most gluten. Use gluten free oats, brown rice and eat whole foods and you will be gluten free. Check label.
12. No DAIRY
***You can have LOTS OF VEGGIES, leafy greens, beans and legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains like quinoa, oats and brown rice.